Sunday, May 8, 2011

2010 Re-Cap

In January 2010 my new RE, Dr. Shar Kavoussi, performed another laprascopy and hysteroscopy. The results revealed some additional, minor, endometriosis and, more significantly, quite a number of uterine polyps (again!). It was now clear that I had an issue with polyps and we needed to try and get pregnant as quickly as possible before any more developed.
Dr. K switched me from clomid to Femara because my uterine lining had become very thin and we were concerned it was a side effect of the clomid (which is fairly common). I responded well to Femara but unfortunately I continued to have trouble growing a lining that was thick enough to support a pregnancy. I also began to see a mayan abdominal masage therapist and consulted with a couple of midwives/doulas. Despite our best efforts, the year 2010, four more IUIs (eventually graduating to injectable fertility drugs to assist with ovarian stimulation and lining growth) and several thousand dollars slipped away, still with no success.

No comments:

Post a Comment