Monday, July 4, 2011

I'm Good With Perfect

Well, it wouldn't be me if there weren't a few curve balls. I went in Friday 7/1 for my baseline ultrasound and bloodwork, with the anticipation of starting medical stimulation the following day. Everything looked great on the u/s but my  b/w results revealed an elevated estrogen level. Dr. K wants to see it below 50 and it came back at 70. So, instead of starting stims on Saturday, I went back on birth control pills for a few more days of additional suppression.

Needless to say, I had a bit of a freak out when I got his phone message b/c I felt like I had JUST gotten myself into a really positive frame of mind and then I was delayed again! 

However, I talked to my Dr the next day and he made me feel a ton better! He said this is not out of the ordinary at all and that I shouldn't feel like something has gone wrong, rather I should just think of it as the first step in the tweaking process to make sure everything is perfect. As I said to him, "I'm good with perfect". He said he even thought about going ahead and starting me b/c my levels were not that elevated but he didn't want to look back and wish he had done anything differently.  

So, I'm back on BCPs for the next several days then I'll have my estrogen level checked again. If the results are at an acceptable level we will move forward with stims, likely by the end of the week, but if not I'll stay on BCPs for a while longer. I guess this is another test in just "trusting" my doc!

No comments:

Post a Comment